Thinking of Pimple everytime? Yes. It is common to develop skin problems at any point of your life due to changes in your lifestyle and hormones. This year everyone’s lifestyle has been affected due to lockdown, all thanks to Coronavirus.
Your kitchen closet is full of home remedies that can treat all your skin problems. Dr. Nisha Jain, BAMS(ayurveda) shares home remedies for all your skin problems.
Water is most important for skin
Hydration and Skincare
Being consistently dehydrated affects the health of your heart, liver, pancreas and kidney. Your skin is an organ with cells made up primarily of water—when it’s deprived of water, it suffers, as does the rest of your bodily functions. But there’s more to it than that.
Your skin has a natural barrier that retains moisture, and if this barrier’s functions are disrupted, your skin may become dry and sensitive. When you neglect hydration, your skin can’t perform at its best, leading to premature aging and dry, sensitive skin. Most of your skin’s moisture comes from the body, so if you’re drinking enough water, then that healthy skin happily absorbs water from moisturizers and creams. If you aren’t adequately hydrated, the benefit of skincare products is impacted too.
Another big benefit to drinking water is its ability to flush your system of toxins. This cleanse keeps your skin clean, pushing out bacteria and reducing the risk of acne and other skin problems. If your skin is oily, then your pores will clog up, eventually leading to acne breakouts. Drinking water balances the natural oils sitting on your face with moisture. Drinking the right amount of water every day might be the easiest way to cure your acne.
Hydration and Your Hair
Hydration doesn’t just affect your skin—it also affects the health of your hair. When your body is running low on fluids, your hair weakens and is prone to breakage. Dry hair is frizzier, deals with harsh treatment poorly, and lacks volume and shine. If you’ve ever wondered why your hair won’t do what it’s told, then it might be due to dehydration. The product you use in your hair will perform better if your hair is healthy, too.
Skin problem – 1) Acne
Home remedies for skin problem 1) Baking soda treatment
This treatment will help to speed up the healing, clearing and reducing acne, and its scars.
Ingredients – Baking soda, Water
- Mix some baking soda with some water in a bowl to a thick paste.
- Apply this paste all over your face as a facial mask for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Home remedies for skin problem – 2) Oatmeal magic
Cleansing properties of oatmeal will help to reduce acne scars
Ingredients : Oatmeal ,Water
- Blend some oatmeal with water, to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to your face as a facial mask.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes. Later, wash it off with lukewarm water and towel dry your face.
Home remedies for skin problem # 3: Treat acne with tomato pulp
The pulp of tomato is a very good toner to your skin; it also helps to unclog the pores and prevents acne formation.
Ingredients : Cucumber juice, Pulp of tomatoes
- Make a good mixture of cucumber juice and tomato pulp and apply it for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off.
Skin problem – 2) Scars
Home remedies for skin problem # 4: Say good-bye to scars with sandalwood powder
The cleansing properties of sandalwood and rose milk will help to remove the scars and blemishes from your face.
Ingredients : Sandalwood powder, Milk/rose water
- Mix sandalwood powder with milk or rose water and make a fine paste out of that.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Wash your face after an hour using cold water.
Home remedies for skin problem # 5: Almond cure
Ingredients : Almonds, Rose water
- Soak two to three almonds in water and leave it overnight.
- In the morning peel the skin and mash it.
- Mix little rose water and apply to face.
Home remedies for skin problem # 6: Honey blend
Ingredients : Honey, Dry oats, Aloe vera gel
- Blend some honey, dry oats and aloe vera gel, to fine paste.
- Apply this paste, on your face for 30 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Skin problem – 3) White heads
Home remedies for skin problem # 7: Honey and egg power
Ingredients: Egg white, Honey
- Take some egg white, pour it into a bowl, and add some honey to it.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area.
- Leave this paste for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Home remedies for skin problem # 8: Garlic remedy
Ingredients : Garlic
- Wash your face with a good cleanser and rub garlic or garlic juice to the affected areas at least three times a day.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Home remedies for skin problem # 9: Lemon magic
Ingredients : Lemon juice
- Extract some lemon juice and apply it to the affect area with the help of a cotton swab.
- Leave it off for some time and then wash it with cold water.
- Repeat this treatment three times a day for best results.
Skin problem – 4) Stretch marks
Home remedies for skin problem # 11: Castor oil massage
Ingredients : Castor oil
- Apply some castor oil to the affected area and gently massage the area in circular motions with your fingertips.
- Massage for at least 15-20 minutes and the cover it with a thin cotton cloth.
- Later apply some heat to the affected area, with the help of a heat bag for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment for minimum one month.
Home remedies for skin problem # 12: Sugar scrub
Ingredients: Raw sugar, Almond oil, Lemon juice
- Make a mixture of raw sugar, almond oil and few drops of lemon juice.
- Gently rub the mixture on the affected area for at least 10 minutes, before shower.
- Repeat this for a month or so.
Home remedies for skin problem # 13: Potato juice
- Take a medium sized potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Take the potato piece and rub it gently on the affected area for few minutes.
- Allow the juice to dry for some time and later clean it with lukewarm water.
Skin problem – 5) Rosacea
Home remedies for skin problem # 14: Chamomile magic
Ingredients : Chamomile tea
- Steep some chamomile tea bags in some boiling water for 10 minutes then refrigerate it.
- Once it is cold, dip a cotton cloth in the chamomile and apply it to the affected area.
Home remedies for skin problem # 15: Lavender oil
Ingredients : Lavender oil
- Wash your face and towel dry.
- Apply some lavender oil to your face and gently massage it to the affected area.
- Repeat this procedure daily, for best results.
Skin problem – 6) Ingrown hair
Home remedies for skin problem # 16: Salt scrubber
Ingredients : Warm water, Salt, Cotton ball
- Make a mixture of one-cup water and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it over the ingrown hair.
- Follow this procedure daily, but avoid using it if you face any skin complications.
Home remedies for skin problem # 17: Aspirin mask
Ingredients : 3-4 aspirin tablets, Water or jojoba oil, Honey
- Make a mixture of honey, water or jojoba oil in a small bowl, and place this mixture in a large bowl of hot water.
- Add some powdered aspirin to the bowl of honey mixture and make a tiny paste.
- Test the temperature and apply it to the affected area with your fingertips.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes, remove it with warm water, and pat dry.
Skin problem – 8) Black heads
Home remedies for skin problem # 18: Green tea
Ingredients : Green tea, Water
- Make a fine paste using one teaspoon of green tea and some water.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and scrub it gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Skin problem -9) Suntan
Home remedies for skin problem # 19: Turmeric
Ingredients : Turmeric, Chilled yoghurt
- Make a mixture of turmeric and chilled yoghurt and apply it on the affected area.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes.
Home remedies for skin problem # 20: Coconut water
Ingredients : Coconut water
- Use fresh coconut water on the affected area.
- Wash it off thoroughly after some time.
Skin problem – 10) Dandruff
Home remedies for skin problem # 21: Neem
Ingredients : Neem leaves
- Boil neem leaves in water
- Apply that water on your scalp
** cautions us to use a very diluted version of neem (neem boiled in water) for the scalp as concentrated versions may only irritate the skin further.
Home remedies for skin problem # 22: Garlic
Ingredients : Garlic
- Pound a clove or two of garlic and after mixing with water
- Use the mixture on your scalp.
- If it smell? You could always mix in a little honey and ginger!